Subject: Re: Running from Jaz disks?
To: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/05/1998 13:07:59
At 2:54 PM -0800 1/4/98, Space Case wrote:
>amount of problems with the drive, with whatever driver I use.  Note,
>too, that if I run the Iomega Guest utility (provided I start up with
>no cartridge in the drive), it doesn't matter what driver is on the
>cartridge, it'll use the Iomega driver.

Really?  I thought MacOS would load whatever driver was on the disk as part
of the normal mount process.  I've been told that you should make sure all
removable disks have the same version of the same driver on them because
otherwise you can run out of system memory with all the redundant drivers
taking up space for currently-unmounted disks.