Subject: Re: 11 MacBSD newbie questions... Answers not found in archives
To: Paul Goyette" , "CTAPYXA <ctapyxa@UCSD.Edu>
From: wb2oyc <WB2OYC@BELLATLANTIC.NET>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/04/1998 21:41:46
>> 10. I am unable to install icons for xfm, although have the corresponding
>> line set up in the xfmrc. What exactly bitmaps and pixmaps are? When an
>> installation README tells me to ``install the icons,'' without further
>> explanations, how do I go about it? I.e., what's the generic process?
>
>Probably by typing a ``make install.icons'' or something similar - check
>the product's Makefile.

The xfm package includes an "install" script to do this, once you've
untar'ed it.  In an xterm, do this: xfm.install  It will install the
defaults for xfm, including those pixmaps and bitmaps that are included.
Note that many ARE NOT in the package from the Amiga archive (at least
the one I got recently) results in several dozen messages regarding the
inablility to load the proper fileicon for various filetypes.  Other
than that, it works fine.

Paul