Subject: Re: Running from Jaz disks?
To: Capt. Avram Dorfman <dorfman@pentagon.mil>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/04/1998 14:54:01
On Jan 4,  5:00pm, "Capt. Avram Dorfman" wrote:
>Hmm... My Mac SE/30 under MacOS couldn't use the Jaz drive w/out me
>drivers? Or could this be related to the instability problems?

I can, and have, installed other drivers (FWB, Silverlining) on Jaz
cartridges; as long as the cartridge is in the drive when the Mac
boots, it'll see it and use it.  I see no difference though, in the
amount of problems with the drive, with whatever driver I use.  Note,
too, that if I run the Iomega Guest utility (provided I start up with
no cartridge in the drive), it doesn't matter what driver is on the
cartridge, it'll use the Iomega driver.

~Steve

--
Steven R. Allen - wormey@eskimo.com      http://www.eskimo.com/~wormey/

	-Kyle Hearn  <kyle@intex.net>

Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it.
		-- Woody Allen