Subject: Re: Running from Jaz disks?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/04/1998 12:39:50
On Jan 4, 12:31pm, "Colin Wood" wrote:
>> Is it any different than using a regular hard disk?
>
>Technically, no.  In reality, yes.  Many people seem to have found
>increased stability problems with removable media (i.e. they are more
>susceptible to filesystem corruption).

That has been my experience.  I get so much corruption under even MacOS
that I have turned on verify after write (which slows things down) and
run both Norton *and* MacTools after doing major changes.  For me, it's
unusable under NetBSD.

~Steve

--
Steven R. Allen - wormey@eskimo.com      http://www.eskimo.com/~wormey/

	-Kyle Hearn  <kyle@intex.net>

When I was in school, I cheated on my metaphysics exam: I looked into
the soul of the boy sitting next to me.
		-- Woody Allen