Subject: Re: A NetBSD Mac 68k problem(s)
To: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Bal=E1zs_B=E1r=E1ny?= <bb@lb-data.co.at>
From: SamMaEl <rimsky@teleport.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/04/1998 08:56:39
	Hey...

	TO boot into single user you will need to do a few things... which
I'm not sure if they have been added to the install docs or not, but I
know can be confusing for new users.

	1) You will have to make yhour file-system writeable, so that you
can edit /etc/rc.conf so that your system will LET you boot into
multi-user. To do this, type:

	mount -uw /

	It may say something about your filesystm not being clean... you
can ignore that for now, first we will get you ready to boot into
multi-user.

	Open the file /etc/rc.conf and look for a line saying
rc_configured=NO and change the NO to YES (rc_configured=YES) This will
tell NetBSD that it is ok to boot into multi-user. To boot into multi-user
from single, just type exit.

	Now, you can boot straight from MacOS into NetBSD if you uncheck
the box in the booter that says Single User (the booting preferences)

	Ryan

-----
HELO... my name is rewt... you have SIGKILLed my father... prepare to vi!