Subject: Re: EtherNet cards for an SE/30?
To: Capt. Avram Dorfman <dorfman@pentagon.mil>
From: Monroe Williams <monroe@pobox.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/03/1998 17:56:25
At 5:45 PM -0800 12/29/97, Capt. Avram Dorfman wrote:
>I use the Asante MacCon+30 IET64. It's great - it has a 64kb on board
>cache. It also has a lifetime warranty. I did actually have one go bad
>after 2 years, and they replaced it w/ no questions asked. (I make no
>claim that its failure was not caused by me mucking around inside the box)
>
>Mine has no coax port, it has 10bt and AUI. You'd need just a basic
>coax tranceiver. I believe they *do* make one w/ a BNC connector too.

They do, or at least they used to.  I've got one with ThinNet and AUI
ports, and it works great, even coexisting with a DiiMO 50mHz accelerator
card.  I believe I got it from Cyberian Outpost (<http://www.outpost.com/>),
but I don't see the exact model I have in their current product listings.
You could pay a little more for a card with all three media types (Bottom
Line Online has one at
<http://www2.blol.com/bld_desc.t?edp=4208&sid=6067564&level=s>), or you
could get a card with an AUI port and an external AUI->Thin tranceiver.

Good luck,
-- monroe