Subject: Re: Programs for NetBSD & DT on Small Screens
To: None <xperm@geocities.com>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/02/1998 14:48:23
Alberto wrote:

> I'll leave installing X for the moment. Now I'm interested in installing third
> party software for the NetBSD. Is there any site from where would be possible to
> download executables for NetBSD(like emacs and others)? Is it possible to
> compile programs that belong to Linux distributions?

Maybe.  You're best bet would be to find a mirror of the NetBSD-Amiga
archives, it contains a large number of pre-compiled binaries that are
compatible with NetBSD/mac68k  (in fact, most binaries compiled for most
NetBSD/m68k architectures should work just fine on any of them).

> One more question: I know this one must have been asked milions of times..., but
> how can I make Dt fit my 512*342 screen?
> Why if I try to re-compile it, gcc says something like 'groksevid not found'

How do you try to recompile it?  BTW, the README file says it was never
tested on a smaller screen.

Later.