Subject: Re: xlockmore-4.06.1, Anyone using this?
To: Chris Jewell <jewell@jewellce.es.dupont.com>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/02/1998 12:07:00
Chris Jewell wrote:

> I just installed xlockmore-4.06.1 and I am having a small problem.  I can
> use the xlock/screensaver if I am root and running an X session but, if I
> am logged in as anything else but, root I cannot.  If, for example, I am
> logged in as jewell and I lock the terminal when I try to wake it back up
> my password is not accepted as valid.  Even if I run the xlock with the
> allowroot option it still will not accept any password (mine or root).
> Any thoughts or ideas on how to correct this?

Have you followed the directions in the README?  I don't know if it's
in there or not (I'm using 3.10 at the moment), but I'm pretty sure that
NetBSD requires that you define HAS_SHADOW when you compile so that it
knows to use the shadow passwd file and not the passwd file (which doesn't
actually contain the encrypted passwords so it can't be used for
authentication).

I hope this helps.

Later.