Subject: Re: Problems with SE30 and Generic Kernels >#48
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Valdes <valdes@macavity.uchicago.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/01/1998 17:07:49
wb2oyc writes:
> >Any suggestions on what to try next?
>
> Dave,
>     I'd be willing to bet the early 1.3_Alpha GENERIC #47 will
> work fine!  Try  it.

I have the same problem (booting the 1.3_BETA GENERIC kernel from the
12/27 binary distribution hangs at adb: initialization) with my IIcx
(not surprisingly).  The Alpha GENERIC #47 works fine, however.  The
question now becomes: what changed between #47 and current kernels
(needless to say, it'd be nice if the final, distributed 1.3 GENERIC
kernel could boot all supported systems...), or more to the point, is
there an option for the current (12/27) sources which I can
enable/disable which will allow me to build a current, bootable kernel
for my IIcx?

John

John Valdes                        Department of Astronomy & Astrophysics
j-valdes@uchicago.edu                               University of Chicago