Subject: Re: X HELP:where is libz!?
To: None <xperm@geocities.com>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/01/1998 13:32:52
Alberto wrote:

> Happy New YEAR!!

Same to you!

> I've got classic working at the end!

Good!

> Now my aim is to get X also working on it.
>
> I have already downloaded X from the server: xserver, xcomp and xbase, I have
> tried
> to make it working but many problems have come out. I've already read the FAQs
> and
> I've done all that is said there related to problem solution, but X still says
> that
> it can't found a library called "libz". I've run the command Find but with no
> results. libz doesn't exists on my mac: where is it? Can you send it to me?

The libz.so.0.0 file _should_ be in /usr/lib, I'm pretty sure it is part
of the standard NetBSD distribution.  Have you installed a recent NetBSD
distribution set?  It's possible that it wasn't a part of earlier
releases...

> I would also thank any help with the installation of X...

Which X distribution did you download?  The 1.3 one or the older 1.2 one?

Later.