Subject: X HELP:where is libz!?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Alberto <xperm@geocities.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/01/1998 16:56:06
Happy New YEAR!!

I've got classic working at the end!
Now my aim is to get X also working on it.

I have already downloaded X from the server: xserver, xcomp and xbase, I have
tried
to make it working but many problems have come out. I've already read the FAQs
and
I've done all that is said there related to problem solution, but X still says
that
it can't found a library called "libz". I've run the command Find but with no
results. libz doesn't exists on my mac: where is it? Can you send it to me?

I would also thank any help with the installation of X...

One more question:

I have a Toshiba SCSI CD rom connected to my mac. To mount the cd I have to
type:

cd /dev; ./MAKEDEV cd0
mkdir /cdrom
mount -t cd9660 -o ro /dev/cd0c /cdrom

but in last line netbsd says:
"cd9660: not found"
what happends?

Thank you.
please, reply to my mail adress.

Life, Love, and Eternal Happiness... -Seal