Subject: GENERIC 55 _domaininit failure
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/31/1997 16:54:29
The latest kernel frequently (2/4 times so far) dies during bootup on a
Q840av as follows:

ae0: Ethernet address <who cares>
fpu0 at mainbus0 (mc68040)
vm_fault (18c000, 76626000, 1, 0) -> 1
  type 8, code [mmu,,ssw]: 505
trap: type 0x8, code 0x505, v 0x76626472
kernel MMU fault trap
<bunch of hex dump stuff for pid 0>
db> t
_Debugger
_panic
_trap
faultstkadj
_domaininit(2ac20, 2b150, 8006013a, ffffcffc, 400) + 72
_main
_main

I can probably reproduce this if needed.  Some of the details seem to vary,
but the _domaininit routine seems to generally be there.  It's late on
Wednesday so don't expect an answer before Monday.  (Happy New Year!)

Userland is an early -beta.  I just upgraded from the MACE-5 kernel because
it became unusably unstable (during boot only?) while I was repartitioning
some disks.

I really like the Apple formatter (A/UX version without all the silly
restrictions), but I am beginning to hate switching back and forth between
MacOS and MacBSD.