Subject: Re: fvwm...
To: Chris Jewell <jewell@jewellce.es.dupont.com>
From: Jens Schmalzing <jensen@MPA-Garching.MPG.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/31/1997 16:34:58
Dear Chris,

Chris Jewell writes:

> I have in the .fvwmrc file the following line:
>         [...] xterm -T esmail -e 'telnet esmail'
> When I click on the button for this I get the xterm window but then a
> error is printed that says:
>         xterm: can't execvp telnet esmail

This problem has nothing to do with fvwm.  It is the xterm telling you
it is unable to find the command called 'telnet esmail', simply
because such a command does not exist. You want to remove the quotes
around 'telnet esmail', so the telnet command is invoked with esmail
as its argument.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Jens.

--
Ohtnunk? - Ohtnunk izd mih ekaj! Ixr wijj kans unt kah unohtentjixr
jiepen unt zdehpen! (Alexander Nikopol)