Subject: multiple serial port card
From: SamMaEl <rimsky@teleport.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/31/1997 00:16:13
	I recently acquired an Applied Engineering Shadow nubus card which
adds another 4 serial ports. I can't remember for sure, but I think that
when I tried booting my IIcx with this installed it DID recognize it, but
is there any support for the other 4 serial ports anywhere in the kernel?
How easy would it be to get it added? It comes with a control panel and
maybe an extension or something (it's been awhile since I've used it, but
I was just thinking about using it so I can add another modem to my
gateway machine so I canlet some friends dial-in my machine sometime, and
still have a connection to my printer. How feasible would this be, if it
isn't already possible? I don't want to fiddle with my gateway server
until I know the card will work first of all (I can test it on my IIcx)

	Any ideas about this? Does anyone know how I might go about
contacting them for info, or does that company even exist anymore? ;-)

	Thanks!

	Ryan

-----
HELO... my name is rewt... you have SIGKILLed my father... prepare to vi!