Subject: Re: HFS utilities & wy60 emulation
To: Richard Massey <richardm@clear.net.nz>
From: Michael R Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/31/1997 01:39:49
> 2) I'm trying to get setup so that I can spend less and less time in the
> macOS and more in NetBSD. For this I need to be able to telnet to our work
> machine and emulate a Wyse 60 terminal. I can get this machine to tell the
> host that that is what I am (using tset) however the display turns to
> garbage as the wy60 display commands are not interpreted correctly. Any
> ideas anyone?

Are you good with coding? Do you have any info on the Wyse60 command set
(like in a Wyse 60 or compatible manual)?

If the answer to both questions is yes then you could take a copy of dt
and modify the terminal emulation code to support Wyse60 commands.

The code in dt is basically a bunch of if/thens based on the character input
and should be pretty easy to modify to handle a different kind of emulation.
Of course, this assumes that Wyse terminals don't do anything, say, a VT100
couldn't. If you need something like that you'll also need to tamper with
the graphics code which is much more cryptic.

Good luck!