Subject: Re: Question on fvwm & xpm...?
To: Chris Jewell <jewell@jewellce.es.dupont.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/30/1997 13:50:26
> Once I have installed the xpm and fvwm stuff do I need to keep the stuff
> that was extracted from the tar files or can they be removed from the
> system?

Do you ever want to be able to change any customizations or add
features to xpm or fvwm? If not, wipe it. If so, keep it. Usually what
works for me is to "make clean", which will remove all the .o files,
then tar czf /tmp/<package_name>.tgz <package directory> then delete
the expanded stuff. That way you have a snapshot of how you built
things (unless make clean's too agressive, then you have a snapshot of
the source).

Take care,

Bill