Subject: Re: ADB oddities
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: David Johnston <david@canopus.apana.org.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/30/1997 13:49:16
[ extract of message from "Colin Wood" on "Re: ADB oddities" ]
} John P. Wittkoski wrote:
} >
} > Have either of you tried a 1.3_alpha kernel, which should have all the
} > HWDIRECT fixes AND the code that detects more ADB device types properly?
}
} I've used a fairly recent kernel (probably more recent than the last
} HWDIRECT kernel) with the HWDIRECT stuff turned on, and that's where I got
} the funny message.  I'll try it again sometime soon with 1.3, tho.
}

I tried this with a very recent 1.3-beta kernel other day (running on a IIcx
with the HWDIRECT stuff on). I got exactly the same result with my logitech
mouseman - the third button doesn't work and it reports a bizzare dpi figure.
If I remember correctly the mouseman is also one of the later ones. It works
fine with an MRG kernel.

	david

--

David Johnston