Subject: Re: Help with config of fvwm
To: Chris Jewell <jewell@jewellce.es.dupont.com>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/29/1997 19:30:26
Chris Jewell wrote:

> I have successfully installed and ran fvwm but, I am having minor config
> problems.
>
> 	1) I have a three button tracball that is recoginized by the
> 	   SLOTMAN as "adb: 100 dpi mouse at 3".  However, when I  use
> 	   X only two of the buttons function properly.  The third has
> 	   no function at all.

Hmmmm...the second button acutally works?  I"d be surprised if it works at
all.  You'll probably need to download a copy of ADB Parser and run it
under MacOS to determine just how the trackball works so we can support
it.  I assume it has a custom extension?  Hopefully, we can find its
special handler id and quickly add support.

> 	2) Using the GoodStuff tool bar I have set up buttons that are
> 	   supposed to telnet to the other machines on here at work.  But,
> 	   rlogin takes your username on the local server and applies it
> 	   to the remote so it does not launch.  I tried telnet instead of
> 	   rsh or rlogin and I got an error saying I had used a bad port.

Try giving rlogin the '-l' switch.  Say you want to log in as johndoe on
a machine named joebob.  Try this:

xterm -e 'rlogin -l johndoe joebob' &

Hopefully, that'll work for you.

> 	3) When I try to launch mail from the toolbar or the command line
> 	   (that is using xmh) I get an error saying that it cannot
> 	   realloc.

Don't know about that one, sorry.

I hope the other helps, tho.

Later.