Subject: Re: ADB oddities
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: John P. Wittkoski <jpw@netscape.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/29/1997 18:31:35
Colin Wood wrote:

> None of this behavior is observed under the MRG-based ADB code.
>
> > Have either of you tried a 1.3_alpha kernel, which should have all the
> > HWDIRECT fixes AND the code that detects more ADB device types properly?
>
> I've used a fairly recent kernel (probably more recent than the last
> HWDIRECT kernel) with the HWDIRECT stuff turned on, and that's where I got
> the funny message.  I'll try it again sometime soon with 1.3, tho.

Well, dang! I didn't change anything in the detection part except to ADD
support to detect the semi-EMP Mouseman support.

If data from the HWDIRECT routine was corrupt or damaged, I would expect
the keyboard and other mice to not work properly as well, which is not
the case here. (Normal mice and the semi-EMP Mouseman worked for me.) I
suspect I broke something in the code that detects the EMP Mouseman.

Here's a question: when you boot, do you have an INIT that loads that
"configs" the mouse? Like MouseKey from Logitech? If so, what happens
when you boot without the INIT installed?

Anyway, send me some more details (exact mouse type, machine, etc) and
I'll do my best to track down the problem. (And a loaner mouse wouldn't
hurt, either, :-) are you at one of the Intel sites in the SF Bay Area?)

Thanks!

	--John