Subject: Re: Help with fvwm...
To: Chris Jewell <jewell@jewellce.es.dupont.com>
From: Mark Andres <mark@giganet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/29/1997 15:59:55
Hi,

As I mentioned in my earlier message on fvwm, you NEED to have the
Xpm library to run fvwm. As I mentioned before, you can get a pre-compiled
copy of both fvwm and libXpm in the Amiga archive. If you insist on
compiling fvwm yourself, you will still NEED to comile and install the
Xpm libraries first.

Mark

On Fri, 26 Dec 1997, Chris Jewell wrote:

> I am running MacBSD with GENERIC #41 kernel.  I have recently installed X
> and I dilike the twm window manager.  I wanted to install fvwm butr, I get
> the following error when I do the make all described in the README.Install
> file:
>
> making all in ./libs...
> making all in ./fvwm...
> rm -f fvwm
> gcc -o fvwm -O2      -L/usr/X11R6/lib fvwm.o configure.o events.o borders.o menus.o functions.o resize.o       add_window.o pager.o move.o icons.o windows.o module.o placement.o        decorations.o colormaps.o misc.o style.o -L/usr/lib/X11 -lXpm -lXext -
> lX11 -lfvwmlib -L../libs      -R/usr/X11R6/lib
> ld: -lXpm: no match
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
>

> Any clues as to what this means.  Will fvwm run in B&W mode?
>
> -Chris "the idiot" Jewell

   Mark Andres               E-mail: mark@giganet.net
          Running NetBSD, 100% Microsoft Free!
   Me & NetBSD: http://www2.giganet.net/~mark/NetBSD/