Subject: Re: Problem with shell when booting with Madhatter41.
To: Bo-Goeran Wallner <f94bw@efd.lth.se>
From: Mark Andres <mark@giganet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/29/1997 07:27:03
HI,

I believe your problem I that you are running NetBSD 1.3beta, but the
Madahtter #41 kernel is a 1.2 kernel.  I learned the hard way that you
cannot have a 1.2 kernel with everything else 1.3.  There is a 1.3 kernel
with the Madhatter patch applied (ie., it will do 832x624) at:

   ftp://scdesantis.ne.mediaone.net/pub/ghost-priest.gz

Once you get this installed, it should be OK. BTW, after you gunzip the
above kernel, the file name will be 'ghost-priest'. You will want to
rename it to 'netbsd'.

Mark

On Sun, 28 Dec 1997, Bo-Goeran Wallner wrote:

> I have a question concerning the Madhatter 41 kernel. I recently installed
> this in order to run 832x624. I also installed the latest distribution of
> NetBSD 1.3beta. It boots fine with the GENERIC kernel but with the Madhatter
> problem arises (maybe tiny ones...) Ok, when it asks me to enter pathway for
> shell I did exactly what I did with the GENERIC, just hit enter. The only
> thing that happens is that it tells me a line with text (Cant remeber it
> exactly right now since Im sitting at school at one of the SUN Ultra:s :-) ,
> in the end "restarting" and the same dialog appears again "enter path.. for
> shell:". Since I installed tcsh in my root I have tried entering tcsh, typing
> the full path for sh .... Well nothing seems to work, it just goes round and
> round again "enter path...."! What is the solution?
> Using everything "latest" with the exeption that I use Madhatter41 on my Q800.
> If I change to the GENERIC it works fine again...

   Mark Andres               E-mail: mark@giganet.net
          Running NetBSD, 100% Microsoft Free!
   Me & NetBSD: http://www2.giganet.net/~mark/NetBSD/