Subject: faulty termcap/ncsa telnet?
From: SamMaEl <rimsky@teleport.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/28/1997 18:31:28
	For some reason I'm having some terminal problems... not on the
console, but when I telnet in using ncsa telnet 2.7b4 from another
machine, my ^C doesn't kill a process, it suspends it. And, ^U doesn't
erase your command line input. I'm using vt100 on both the console and in
my telnets, but when I telnet I get the above behavior, and when I am on
the console the ^C and ^U keystrokes work normally.... any ideas?

	Oh... one thing, is that since I use pico alot I erased the
Interrupt Process Key (in ncsa telnet, it gives you an option of your
Interrupt, Suspend Output and Resume Output keys. When it's ^C (the
default) the ^C function in pico (shows which line you are on) doesn't
work, and when I'm programming I pretty much NEED that function, so I know
where errors are, etc.

	But, would disabling that key, or changing it to something else
affect both the ^C and the ^U characters? Do you think it's a
NetBSD/terminal emulation problem, or a ncsa telnet problem?

	THanks!

	Ryan

-----
HELO... my name is rewt... you have SIGKILLed my father... prepare to vi!