Subject: Re: Problem with shell when booting with Madhatter41.
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: BGW <f94bw@efd.lth.se>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/28/1997 20:30:43
>> Using everything "latest" with the exeption that I use Madhatter41 on my Q800.
>> If I change to the GENERIC it works fine again...

> Well, before you said the GENERIC kernel is fine, I thought I had it.

Well Bill, GENERIC is fine, it works fine booting and running X works
fine. What the GENERIC doesn't do for me is to run in 832x624.

> We do need the error message.

Ok, I'll see if I'll install everything again. I am mostly curious...

> When you installed tcsh in your root, did you compile it staticly? If not,
> it will need shared libraries (which are in /usr/lib, which isn't there if
> your usr is seperate from root). For single-user stuff, just use sh. Then
> fix things up (do whatever you needed to do in single-user mode), and
> let the boot go multi-user. Then tcsh is fine.

I used the installer to install the tcsh (was in tar.gz-format). I had
to do about nothing to make it work. Anyway tcsh works when running the
GENERIC. Just ./tcsh and SCHWOOM I was running in tcsh. What I meant was
that even if I was trying with another shell, it still didn't work.

/Bosse