Subject: Problem with shell when booting with Madhatter41.
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bo-Goeran Wallner <f94bw@efd.lth.se>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/28/1997 13:58:49
I have a question concerning the Madhatter 41 kernel. I recently installed
this in order to run 832x624. I also installed the latest distribution of
NetBSD 1.3beta. It boots fine with the GENERIC kernel but with the Madhatter
problem arises (maybe tiny ones...) Ok, when it asks me to enter pathway for
shell I did exactly what I did with the GENERIC, just hit enter. The only
thing that happens is that it tells me a line with text (Cant remeber it
exactly right now since Im sitting at school at one of the SUN Ultra:s :-) ,
in the end "restarting" and the same dialog appears again "enter path.. for
shell:". Since I installed tcsh in my root I have tried entering tcsh, typing
the full path for sh .... Well nothing seems to work, it just goes round and
round again "enter path...."! What is the solution?
Using everything "latest" with the exeption that I use Madhatter41 on my Q800.
If I change to the GENERIC it works fine again...

sincerely /Bosse