Subject: Re: drive compatability
To: Armen Babikyan <synapse@lethargy.mit.edu>
From: Mark Andres <mark@giganet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/28/1997 11:30:55
Hi,

I have a Quantum Lightning 730 in my IIcx.  I was running the GENERIC kernel
with ncrscsi for about 6 months without any problems. I recently had to change
to th SBC kernel because I put an MO drive on that machine.

So the short answer is it worked for me.

Mark

On Sat, 27 Dec 1997, Armen Babikyan wrote:

> i just bought a 2.1 gig seagate from www.onsale.com, and now have a 730Mb
> quantum lightning drive available for NetBSD. does anyone know if ncrscsi
> likes this drive? sbcscsi kernels do not boot on my IIvx. i'm running
> current as of 11-1, generic #47.  i'm just not too keen on putting lots of
> work getting files off my 730Mb only to find out it doesn't work with
> ncrscsi.
>
> i'm not sure if i'd use my seagate with NetBSD, but would it want ncr or
> sbc?
>
> thanks for any and all info,

   Mark Andres               E-mail: mark@giganet.net
          Running NetBSD, 100% Microsoft Free!