Subject: Re: Kernel Compiling
To: None <mr_krak@televar.com>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/27/1997 21:06:31
Mr. Krak wrote:

> Since I am new to NetBSD (for the second time) <g> I was wondering if
> someone out there could kindly point me to the files I need to start
> compiling my own kernels...am hoping for what I was told was the weekly
> tarballs that I would need so that I can begin this process..

Take a look at the Kernel-HOWTO on puma:

http://www.macbsd.com/macbsd/howto/

Even tho it's a little out of date, it should still serve as a good
starting point for compiling your own kernels.  As for the files you'll
need, if you've installed the comp distribution set, the only other thing
you need is the kernel source tarball (although it's not exactly "weekly"
;-)

The full sys.tar.gz file is usually under:

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/src/tarballs/

I think.

I hope this helps some.

Later.