Subject: Re: Shutdown panic
To: John Albers-Mead <jam@matchlogic.com>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/27/1997 19:05:36
John Albers-Mead wrote:

> When I try to shutdown, I get a panic and it drops me into some funky
debugging/single user shell thing.  I don't remember exactly what the
panic message was but it happens every time I try to shutdown.  If the
exact message is needed, I'll write it down next time.

BTW, just for those of use who use unix-based mailers, please use an email
program that wraps at 80 columns or less, thanks!

As to your question, yes, it would be very helpful if you could give us
the error message.  In fact, if you could type 'trace' at the "db>"
prompt and show us the results, you'd probably help alot.  Also, include
what version of NetBSD you're using, as well as what kind of Mac.

Maybe we can get to the bottom of this ;-)

Later.