Subject: Re: drive compatability
To: Armen Babikyan <synapse@lethargy.mit.edu>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/27/1997 16:32:00

> i just bought a 2.1 gig seagate from www.onsale.com, and now have a 730Mb
> quantum lightning drive available for NetBSD. does anyone know if ncrscsi
> likes this drive? sbcscsi kernels do not boot on my IIvx. i'm running
> current as of 11-1, generic #47.  i'm just not too keen on putting lots of
> work getting files off my 730Mb only to find out it doesn't work with
> ncrscsi.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

(I just watned to answer all three of the postings of this question :-)

I'm using a Quantum Lightning 730 in my IIsi w/o problem. I think it's
more a driver/computer/setup/drive problem than a crisp driver/drive
one.

>From /kern/msgbuf:

sd1 at scsibus0 targ 1 lun 0: <QUANTUM, LIGHTNING 730S, 241E> SCSI2 0/direct fixed
sd1: 699MB, 3658 cyl, 4 head, 97 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 1431760 sectors

Take care,

Bill