Subject: Re: ncurses package installation failure
To: Frederick Bruckman <fred@fb.sa.enteract.com>
From: Mark Andres <mark@giganet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/27/1997 17:29:45
Hi,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

On Thu, 25 Dec 1997, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

> I'm doing a `make build' right now in the pkgsrc/devel/ncurses directory,
> extracted from Dec. 21's pkgsrc.tar.gz. It doesn't look like I'm going to
> have the problem you have, at least:
>
> 	# make -V LN
>
> gives:
>
> 	/bin/ln
>
> just like it's supposed to. The file /usr/share/mk/bsd.port.mk is also
> dated Dec. 21. That's were LN is supposed to be defined. If you have an
> older one, you might try downloading the latest from NetBSD-current
> (when the server comes back up).

In my /usr/share/mk/bsd.port.mk file, I *do* have LN defines as /bin/ln.

   LN?=            /bin/ln

That was the first thing I checked. I still think there is something
wrong with the ncurses package Makefile itself, because I have made other
packages without any problems (including creating symlinks).

Did yours do the whole way through. The point where it bombs out is right
at the end of the "install" process.

Mark

   Mark Andres               E-mail: mark@giganet.net
          Running NetBSD, 100% Microsoft Free!