Subject: Re: Mac II ROM map
To: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/25/1997 22:50:26
On Dec 26, 12:27am, Dave Huang wrote:
>On Fri, 26 Dec 1997, Michael R Zucca wrote:
>> There's no such animal outside of Apple that I know of. What you can do
>I dunno if this is what Steve is looking for, but MPW comes (came?) with
>some ROM map files. I don't know if they're compatible with MacsBug or not
>(I didn't even know it supported that :). Email me if you'd like to check
>it out...

Someone, a long time ago, had sent me a MPW ROM map for my C610, and it
worked fairly well.  Someone today sent me a map for the Mac II (I thanked
them then promptly "lost" the attribution, so I can't thank them publicly.)-:
Nico J.R. van Eikema Hommes sent me a pointer to Apple's devworld on
dev.apple.com, where exists the materials to "roll your own."  The problem
I'm now getting, and would like to solve, is the Mac II now reports an error
"The ROM symbol file could not be read due to an OS or memory error."  I have
downloaded 25MB of stuff from devworld and am sifting through it to see if I
can finger it out -- if anybody has clues for me, I'd much appreciate seeing
them. :)

Dave: If you have a MacII map and would binhex it for me (so as to make
sure nothing gets lost in the translation), I'd appreciate a copy of that
as well. (Making sure _all_ the bases are covered.)

~Steve
~Steve

--
Steven R. Allen - wormey@eskimo.com      http://www.eskimo.com/~wormey/

	-Kyle Hearn  <kyle@intex.net>

Anything free is worth what you pay for it.