Subject: Classic, X, kernels, cd drivers... HELP!!!!!!!!
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Alberto <xperm@geocities.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/25/1997 20:49:16
Hi Friends of Netbsd!!!

My name is Alberto, a spanish student. I'm rightnow installing netbsd on my Mac
Classic II (512 Mb HD / 10Mb of Ram) and I have several questions and doubts.
First of all, thank you very much for reading this message and happy new year to

all of you.
Please, have on mind that I'm new at UNIX and that I haven't get in touch with
the netbsd familly for a long time.

So these are the questions:

-Which is the best kernel for the Classic II?
-How and where can I download  Xwindows, install it on my mac and get it
working?
-How can I control a  Toshiba external CDrom drive from netbsd? With the MacOs,
I employ a third party driver from FWB called CD Toolkit.
-How can I get netbsd printing on my Stylewriter?
-How can I re-compile dt 1.1.5 to work well on a classic II screen? (I behaves
abnormally and it seems that it thinks I'm using a larger screen, not a 512x342
one).
-Which is the better way of shuting down the machine? What command have I got to

use?

Again, thank you and please, reply to my mail address (xperm@geocities.com)
'cause I'm not subscribed to the mail list.

Alberto.