Subject: Updated SLOTMAN kernel
To: Chris Jewell <jewell@jewellce.es.dupont.com>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/25/1997 12:58:45
There's a _slight_ chance that a change I just made _might_ make the
SLOTMAN kernel work for your RasterOps 24STV video board.

Another RasterOps board that I borrowed seemed to need my code to pass
in the base address of the nubus slot;  other boards I've worked with
have used some Slot Manager calls to figure out the address by them-
selves.  (Neither the original LKM code, nor earlier versions of my
SLOTMAN kernel bothered to pass the address, since all the boards used
up til now have been able to find their own address.)

Since this might be a pervasive characteristic of RasterOps video
boards, it might be the reason why your 24STV didn't work.

So, go ahead and give the newest kernel a try:

	ftp://ftp.whooppee.com/pub/slotman

| Paul Goyette       | Public Key fingerprint:   | E-mail addresses:        |
| Network Consultant |  0E 40 D2 FC 2A 13 74 A0  |  paul@whooppee.com       |
| and kernel hacker  |  E4 69 D5 BE 65 E4 56 C6  |  paul.goyette@ascend.com |