Subject: libc.so.ld???
To: port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mr. Krak <mr_krak@televar.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/25/1997 06:20:20
Hi.

Been awhile since I have played with NetBSD on my trusty old Quadra, and
I have a few questions ;)

First I would like you all to know that the install went flawlessly,
yeah, my first attempt when I ran it before was a nightmare...great job
everyone.

Now my questions

1) when I try to start Xwindows I get an error (and I know I should have
written it down) that says something to the effect of "Warning lic.so.ld
minor version 20, expected >= 21, using anway.

Then it stops with a fatal error and (If      remember correctly tells
me can't start x with no screens, yet I have the grf0, etc. devices in
/dev

2) I noticed on the booter it now gives me the choice of switching color
modes from B&W all the way to Millions of colors.  If I leave it at
thousands of colors, netbsd boots fine and I get a black background with
white text.  I remember quite some time ago about hearing that people
were working on Color internal video for the quadra, but I ended up
getting myself out of the loop unfortunately and lost track  of
this..does this mean that I can use color?

Thanks in advacne for your replies.

Greg Evans