Subject: Re: An example of top(1) bloat...
To: Port Mac 68K <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/24/1997 12:02:17
On 12/23/97 at 9:19 PM -0500, "Jason S." <root@pbase> wrote:

> Not to minimize your problem, but if you want to see a memory leak:
>
> jason     523  7.1 73.1 79616 68912   1 S   00:56  86:48 netscape
>-geometry 10
>

> Now _that's_ a memory leak (started at 10MB).

<choke>

Yeah. That's a memory leak.

I seem to remember someone saying at some point in the past that compiling
using GNU malloc would perhaps correct that... Am I fabricating this, or is
it reasonable advice? I'm not even sure how to specify which malloc ought
to be used, if, in fact, there is a choice. I'd love to know.

Later...

PS: Jason: You might want to look at the headers your machine is
generating. Replying directly to you doesn't seem like an option:

> From: "Jason S." <root@pbase>

It looks like your IP might be dynamic, and there's no guarantee that your
username is the same between your dialup account and your machine, so...

--
Mason Loring Bliss...mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us...www.webtrek.com/mason
"In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams build their nest with fragments