Subject: Re: colorX with rasterops 24STV
To: David <dfbills@syr.edu>
From: John Valdes <valdes@macavity.uchicago.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/23/1997 19:31:40
David writes:

> I wanted to let everybody know that I tried to get X color working today
> with an old rasterops 24STV card that I had laying around.  I'm working on
> a IIci and I cannot even get through the boot process without having the
> video card's ROM image pop-up and 3 tiny screens appear.

I have a RasterOps 24S (just the plain 24S, not the 24STV) in my IIcx,
and it works with 8 bit color under X.  I'm running a pretty old
NetBSD 1.2 color enabled kernel and X server (I'm away from my Mac at
the moment, so I can't tell you exactly which kernel and server; let
me know if you'd like this info).  I boot NetBSD in 1-bit mode, and X
automatically switches to 8-bit when starting.  If I boot in 8-bit
mode, then the text on the console appears expanded by 2 to 3 times
its normal width.

John