Subject: Re: Token ring
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: Xiamin Raahauge <xiamin@scdesantis.ne.mediaone.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/23/1997 19:06:23
On Mon, 22 Dec 1997, Bill Studenmund wrote:
> Unfortunatly, I think the cards are against you. NetBSD doesn't seem
> to support TokenRing cards AFAICT. It'd be GREAT if you added them,
> and the support for ethernet and fddi (which is a form of token ring)
> would be a good starting point.
>
> Though I think the worst thing is that one of the reasons I heard
> for A/ROSE's existance was to support TokenRing cards. A/ROSE is
> the Apple Real-time Operating System Environment. An extention
> I typically remove immediatly after installing MacOS. So I think
> most of the cards will have CPU's on them. :-(

Even if adding support for such cards were a simple matter, I doubt I
could wade through my lack of knowledge about "stuff like this". Looks
like I'll have to redouble my efforts to snag an ether card for the RT's.
Besides, judging from the price of Nubus ethercards, it'll probably be
just as cheap to get the RT cards. ;)
-Xiamin