Subject: ncurses package installation failure
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubertf@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mark Andres <mark@giganet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/23/1997 22:09:48
Hi,

I am trying to install the ncurses package so I can install the lynx
package. First of all, if you let the make script automatically download
the 'ncurses-1.9.9g.tar.gz' file from the master site
<ftp://ftp.fu-berlin.de/unix/gnu/ncurses/>, you get a checksum error. I
tried running it without the checksum verification, but then I get
invalid tar file message.

I downloaded the 'ncurses-1.9.9g.tar.gz' file from
<ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/.23/NetBSD/packages/distfiles/> and this time the
checksum was OPK (even though the files are the exact same size). The
make goes OK, but the 'make install' bombs out at:

-------------------
installing std
installing stdcrt
installing vt100
installing vt300
cd test; make   INSTALL_PREFIX="" install
cd c++; make   INSTALL_PREFIX="" install
mv /usr/pkg/include/curses.h /usr/pkg/include/ncurses.h
mv: rename /usr/pkg/include/curses.h to /usr/pkg/include/ncurses.h: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.

Any help or guidance greatly appreciated.  Oh yeah, for the record, I am
using a Macintosh IIcx with 20MB of RAM running 1.3-ALPHA. I just grabbed
and installed the pkgsrc tarball last night.

Mark

   Mark Andres               E-mail: mark@giganet.net
          Running NetBSD, 100% Microsoft Free!
   Me & NetBSD: http://www2.giganet.net/~mark/NetBSD/