Subject: Re: Annoying People at FWB
To: Tim Bessie <tbessie@eci.net>
From: David <dfbills@syr.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/22/1997 15:00:55
>_That_ is the problem.  Mkfs can set the bits correctly FOR me.
>I am just annoyed that, after paying $60.00 for FWB (after being
>told by one of their Tech Support people that "Yes, it can create
>A/UX partitions"), finding that it doesn't do EVERYTHING it's
>supposed to.  According to FWB's documentation, it works for
>creating "MkLinux" partitions -- I'm assuming MkLinux isn't as
>picky as NetBSD, and only looks at the 'type' string, not caring
>about the partition map entry flags.

I've used FWB HDT 2.0.1 to create all kinds of A/UX partitions.  Just set
the type in the popup to scratch, fill in "APPLE_UNIX_SVR2", and name the
partition.  The MKFS application sees them and can even rename the
partitions if you are lazy like me.

-->David out.
David F. Bills                            Newton Intelligence
Syracuse University                      hotline://ni.syr.edu
dfbills@syr.edu                       http://bounce.to/ni
               Maxwell School: Policy Studies
                http://web.syr.edu/~dfbills