Subject: Re: EtherNet cards for an SE/30?
To: None <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@romulus.rutgers.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/21/1997 20:49:08
On Sun, 21 Dec 1997 20:10:39 -0500 (EST),
Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us> wrote:

> I'm going to try to find an EtherNet card for my SE/30, running -current.
> Cards for that machine seem pretty difficult to find, but DataComm
> Warehouse seems to have a card for the SE/30 in stock. It's from Sonic.

I don't know for sure if it works or not, but DaynaPort E/30 from
Dayna should work, and so does Asante's MacCon.

I myself used to use Kinetics EtherPort SE/30 whose performance was
not really acceptable (though Dayna bought the rights to EtherPort and
now distributes MacOS driver for it, and the name still bares some
resemblence, DaynaPort is vastly different from EtherPort and should
work much better than EtherPort).

Ken