Subject: Re: Adduser, etc
To: Peter Abrahamsen <root@halcyon.com>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/21/1997 20:22:23
On 12/21/97, Peter Abrahamsen wrote:

> I just installed the 1.3 beta snapshot (12/...12? something like that), and
> it's running pretty well. I was wondering if anyone still has one of those
> shell scripts for adding users - or better yet, a full-blown application for
> it.

Folks tend to have different preferences, so NetBSD doesn't have an adduser
script. One size evidently fits all. You don't really need one, though... I
thought, at first, that it would be nice to have one, but doing it by hand
is easy enough for my system, since there aren't a large number of people
using it, so I've never bothered to get a script.

That said, try "man 8 adduser" to see the procedure. You can always add
users by hand, regardless of the presence of an adduser script. As for
finding a script, there's one included on the CD-ROM that comes with the
book "Unix System Administration Handbook" by Nemeth, et. al. You might be
able to find a reference to it on their web site, which I *believe* is
www.admin.com.

Good luck!

--
Mason Loring Bliss...mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us...www.webtrek.com/mason
"In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams build their nest with fragments