Subject: Re: Newbie help, please!!!!
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: Mark Andres <mark@giganet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/20/1997 22:59:27
Hi,

If Colin and Taras don't mind, I have put up a copy of the video LKM in an
easy to install gzipped tarfile. It can be downloaded at:

  http://www2.giganet.net/~mark/NetBSD/howtos/video-lkm.tar.gz

After you download it, from the / directory as root, you should do a

  tar zxpvf /path/to/video-lkm.tar.gz

It will install the video_lkm_combined.o file and put it in the /usr/lkm
directory.

Mark

On Fri, 19 Dec 1997, Colin Wood wrote:

> However, the short answer (i.e. to get color X working now as opposed to
> days or weeks from now ;-) is to download the NetBSD/mac68k 1.2 X
> distribution and Ken's color X server (the server can be found on
> ftp.macbsd.com) and install them.  This combination should work for you,
> assuming that you have a supported NuBus video card (onboard color video
> does _not_ work) and either a SLOTMAN kernel or the colorkit LKM,
> currently available at
>
> ftp://ftp.macbsd.com/pub/NetBSD/contrib/incoming/ender

   Mark Andres               E-mail: mark@giganet.net
          Running NetBSD, 100% Microsoft Free!
   Me & NetBSD: http://www2.giganet.net/~mark/NetBSD/