Subject: Re: getting to color X,,,,today!
To: wb2oyc <WB2OYC@BELLATLANTIC.NET>
From: Mark Andres <mark@giganet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/20/1997 22:53:39
Hi,

JFYI, in addition to the X.11Mar95.tgz. distribution, the distribution that
I am using is the standard 1.2 X11 distribution. It can be found at:

  ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.2/mac68k/X11/

It is newer that the one that Paul is using. Also, thanks Paul for noting
that the slotman kernel includes the color video lkm stuff. Now, I get to
correct my how-to and it has only been up for ten minutes.

Mark

On Sat, 20 Dec 1997, wb2oyc wrote:

>      If you do it this way, the challenge is finding the proper X distr!
> The one that works for me is X.11Mar95.tgz.  That will work fine with
> any kernel, including the very latest, so thats not a problem.  I did
> this here, and didn't have to compile anything or any of that nonsense.
> The newer X11 distribution won't work, in color, unless you do the other
> stuff.  Using this older distribution is the easiest way to do it at
> the moment, IMHO.

   Mark Andres               E-mail: mark@giganet.net
          Running NetBSD, 100% Microsoft Free!
   Me & NetBSD: http://www2.giganet.net/~mark/NetBSD/