Subject: Re: working sbc kernel?
To: Benoit MARTEL <magus@cs.mcgill.ca>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@og.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/19/1997 18:35:56
On Fri, 19 Dec 1997, Benoit MARTEL wrote:

> Last I heard Scott Reynolds had found a way around this and was trying
> to get it  in 1.3 before the release even if it is at the last minute.

I had previously misidentified the cause of this as being the same as a
problem that caused a panic on some other machines.  It turns out that the
RBV in some machines (like the IIvx and LC III) is different than that in
the IIsi and IIci.  The fix for this made it to the release branch earlier
this week.

> By cc: to Scott, could you please remove the netbsd-TEST.gz kernel from
> the ftp site since it is dangerous (trashes filesystem).

I did this several days ago (Sunday, I thought, but I could be wrong).  I
apologize for the trouble this caused, though there is something to be
said for being cautious about what one downloads... :-/

> (If your changes
> are pretty much finished, maybe you could even replace it with your
> latest working one?)

The next kernels produced will have this fix in them.

--scott