Subject: Re: working sbc kernel?
To: tcjam <tcjam@voicenet.com>
From: Benoit MARTEL <magus@cs.mcgill.ca>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/19/1997 16:08:18
On Thu, 18 Dec 1997, tcjam wrote:

> Remember that pesky freeze around the options=1 <PDMA> line? Does anyone
> have a kernel that makes it past that on a LCIII or one of the other
> effected system? I tried the netbsd-TEST.gz kernel I downloaded days ago,
> it made it into multi user then proceeded to trash my filesystem much like
> the GENERIC kernels do.

Last I heard Scott Reynolds had found a way around this and was trying
to get it  in 1.3 before the release even if it is at the last minute.

Hang in there, I`ve seen a -current kernel patched with Scotts changes
that works (without filesystem damage).

By cc: to Scott, could you please remove the netbsd-TEST.gz kernel from
the ftp site since it is dangerous (trashes filesystem). (If your changes
are pretty much finished, maybe you could even replace it with your
latest working one?)

Regards,
Ben

"Because user errors often produce unpredictable results, the user
should try to avoid them."

IBM MVS/XA System Programming Library.