Subject: Re: rc.conf etc
To: wb2oyc <WB2OYC@BELLATLANTIC.NET>
From: SamMaEl <rimsky@teleport.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/19/1997 04:24:58
On Wed, 17 Dec 1997, wb2oyc wrote:

> >done so. I assume that this is something fairly basic I am doing wrong...
> >
> >Also, has anyone compiled bash 2.01 for netbsd/mac68k yet? that'd just
> >make my
> >day... And if anyone has joe, I'd loveya to death... :)
> >
> Peter,
>    Understand....You might want to install Pine, since it includes pico
> which you may find easier to deal with than vi.  You need to set the
> line rc conf=YES....It initially is set to NO, on purpose!
> I use bash, but its not 2.01; you can find it on the netbsd/amiga
> archive.  Sorry, no joe.

	You may be having trouble getting rc.conf to save. Sometimes
people forget that not everyone knows their UNIX like the back of their
Mac World. ;-) If you are still having troubles, try this before you edit
/etc/rc.conf

root@hobbes# mount -uw /

	This should make it so you can actually WRITE to your file system,
and edit rc.conf. After that, as others have said, edit the rc_configured
or whatever it's called to =YES, which will allow you to boot into
multi-user. Or, you could comment that check out of /etc/rc or whichever
file it is in (I forget, but I assume it's rc)

	Good luck!

	Ryan

-----
HELO... my name is rewt... you have SIGKILLed my father... prepare to vi!