Subject: Re: More Space
To: Chris <smirks@mail.eclipse.net>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/18/1997 10:08:00
Chris wrote:

> Howdy folks,
> When I first installed NetBSD about a week ago I gave it a 300mb
> partition. Unfortunantly, this space is running out quickly with all the
> stuff I'm putting on there.
>
> When I originally partitioned the drive, I used LaCie's Siverlining.  I
> was looking in the manual and I read that you can resize the partition
> w/out loosing the data, however, I was unsure if the filesystem that
> NetBSD uses would be okay if I did this. So, if I decide to do this will
> everything be okay, or will I have to re-install everything?  Sould I
> just start using Zip disks or what?

I'm not sure, but I don't think that NetBSD could easily handle this (I
think the filesystem size is a rather important part of the initial
filesystem setup).  You might want to read the newfs manpage just to be
sure, tho.

However, if you've got the extra space, and don't yet have 6 netbsd
partitions, you can always change the extra space into another netbsd
partition (a Usr type partition), and then mount it within netbsd and use
it however you wish.

I hope this helps.

Later.