Subject: Re: other unix's?
To: Mark DeArman <cyalog@usa.net>
From: BGW <f94bw@efd.lth.se>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/18/1997 09:32:02
Hi!

> MachTen rules, 4.4BSD that runs along with MacOS with X11R6.1
> it's that fastest X server u can have on a mac to date

> Efnet #machten

Well, I think that can be discussed. Its definitely not my experience.
My experience is that its rather slow, far slower on my PowerMac than
NetBSD on my Quadra 800, and Machten isn't even free of charge. The best
thing to do, for me, was to download a demo version of the
xdisplayserver eXodus and run by telnet to school. It was definitely
faster than using MachTen when telneting. MachTen was never even a
choice...
Well, I think thats enough about that, it after all a NetBSD/Mac68k
mailing list :)

/Bosse