Subject: Re: Modem probs/other unix's?
To: Michael R Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
From: wb2oyc <WB2OYC@BELLATLANTIC.NET>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/17/1997 20:23:09
Mike,

>Yeah, they certainly have made some progress and they certainly are having
>constant web problems.

Sure have....they lose their domain...then their host system changes...
now its happening again...

>Yep. And unfortunately they are going to have to reproduce a great deal
>of our work from scratch. Though that's not too bad since a fresh
>perspective may be a good thing. Our code is quite old.

Yeah, seemed to me a really ambitious effort, especially since its so hard
to get info when needed from Apple...I mean, you guys have worked miracles
as it is to be honest, and they're gonna try to do the same...but they
should learn a great deal from what you've done with NetBSD.

>To give them a hand I'm going to try and document what I'm doing separately
>so that people with licensing problems can use my info. That should be
>quite a boost as they seem to have early alpha versions of SCSI, serial,
>and ADB for the II's.

Cool!  I suspect they've been able to make good use of quite a bit so far.
Otherwise, they wouldn't have gotten as far as they have so quickly.

>To some degree but not because of the ROM code. We only use ROM code in a
>very few places: optionally on ADB and in Paul's SLOTMAN code. The rest is

OK, thats good to know....I had that wrong.  I was thinking there was
quite a bit.

Paul