Subject: Re: Total Terminal Wierdness
To: None <ADAMGOOD@delphi.com, wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/17/1997 15:38:34
At 10:24 PM -0800 12/16/97, ADAMGOOD@delphi.com wrote:
>What I don't understand is how this is happening.  If My local tset is
>initializing my Mac terminal to vt220 every time I log in, how come a
>remote tset using the same settings is messing it up?  Also, how come it
>isn't possible to reset the Mac terminal after logging out of the remote
>machine?

The vt220 emulation is good enough for what NetBSD does itself, but not
good enough for what the other machine wants to do.  That's why telling the
other machine to limit itself to vt100 or vt102 codes may fix the problem.

As for why you can't reset:  got me!  Seems like it should put everything
back the way it should be as long as the other machine is out of the
picture.