Subject: Re: IIcx hardware question
To: Mark Andres" , "Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
From: wb2oyc <WB2OYC@BELLATLANTIC.NET>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/17/1997 04:56:08
>Basically, as I mentioned in my original question, I know the SIMMs are
>4 MB SIMMs becuase I was using them in another Mac.   I also know that in
>theory, the maximum RAM for a IIcx is 128MB.  I was just wondering if
>anyone knew of something special that was needed like a jumper needs to be
>set or something. In any case, I will try Henry's suggestion of using a
>different version of Mode32.
Mark,
   Yeah, I checked my Mac Bible RAM/Model tables on this, and they make
no special note regarding the IIcx.  According to what it says, you
should have no problem with them in that Mac.  I'm thinking Henry's
suggestion has merit here.  The problem is certainly familiar to me
since I do have a Mac II which has this very problem; but in that case
its the normal situation.  The Mac II will not boot (tone of death) if
4M SIMMS are installed in bank A; that of course, is what limits it to
20MB of USEFUL RAM, whether you use Mode32 or not.  But everything I
can put my hands on says the IIcx should be ok.

Paul